Maitland Printers & Designers Supporting Local Businesses Since 1975
No matter where you go in this world, there is a 100% chance that you’re surrounded by all manner of print products and services. Whether it’s a huge billboard, a personal business card, or the logo on your website – Printers and their graphic designers help business and individuals to communicate who they are, and what they stand for. Jennings Print is no exception, and it’s been supplying its clients with visual wonders for a very long time.
Nestled snugly between the beautiful Hunter Valley region and the stunning coastal city of Newcastle, Maitland is a jewel of its own. Established over 200 years ago in 1820, Maitland has a rich history and is a hotspot for New South Wales tourists due not only to its own attractions, but its close proximity to famous Hunter Valley wineries and the world famous coastlines of Newcastle – it is arguably one of the best places to visit in the state. It is particularly famous for its long-retired Maitland Gaol – which is open for a number of tours and festivals throughout the year – and its place along the Hunter River. It was once one of the most important trading routes in Australia, using the Hunter River to ship goods from the coast to the Hunter Valley – and that made Maitland the second largest town in Australia for a time. Today it remains a stunning sight and destination for locals and tourists alike to enjoy.
The region of Maitland is densely populated by beautiful heritage buildings and sites, and as such is in particular need of printing services. A quick walk down High Street will make it quickly apparent how steeped in history the town of Maitland is, with stunning buildings crowding the main drag. In fact, the relationship that Maitland has with printing is special – it is home to Australia’s oldest regional newspaper The Maitland Mercury. This newspaper was started in 1843, and continues to be circulated to this day, still run out of its High Street office.
Because you cannot alter the façade or structure of a heritage building (subject to council approval), these areas rely more heavily on print services to advertise their businesses. The team at Jennings Print has a long history of supporting local Maitland business with printing options, having been first established in Maitland 45 years ago by Barry Jennings. For this reason, our company is well versed in providing printing services that are right for our Maitland clients, and understand the unique needs that must be considered.
Whether you’re working within heritage restrictions, or you just want quality and professional printing service from a local company that gets you – Jennings Print has got you covered with a team that are masters of their craft in printing and graphic design. We have a huge range of products developed and refined over our 45 years of operation to provide you not only with physical print products, but also with graphic design products for digital marketing and online uses.
The team at Jennings Print takes our environmental responsibilities seriously, and has taken a number of actions to ensure we are contributing to a greener world. Some of our initiatives include:
- Recycling 100% of paper and board waste
- Purchasing the majority of our sourced paper/ board stock as either ISO14001 certified and/or FSC certified.
- Enrolled in the Sustainable Green Print program – the Australian Printing Industry certification program designed to help printing companies meet their environmental obligations
- Monitoring and controlling energy consumption with our presses, computers, finishing equipment and air conditioning. All staff is committed to powering down and switching off machinery when not in use.
- All IT equipment is removed and recycled by 1800 E-Waste, where 95%, by weight, will be recycled for future use.
- Establishing a process to allow for continual environmental performance improvement aligned with our objectives and targets.
- Regularly updated waste management policies and procedures
Jennings Print is a proud member of their community, both local and global. Maitland printers like us are in a unique position to help our local charities, not-for-profit organisations and volunteers by helping to supply print products and services that get the word about their causes out. Just some of the organisations that Jennings Print is proud to support and be involved with include:
- Westpac Helicopter Rescue
- The Mark Hughes Foundation
- Carries Place – domestic violence & homelessness services
- Rotary, local schools, local sporting teams
- Proud member of the White Ribbon Workplace Accreditation Program – educating our team on male violence against women, and how to work to prevent it
Products & Services offered by our friendly Maitland team
The team at Jennings Print work hard every day to provide a huge range of products and services to their Maitland clients and community using the latest technology and techniques. Our diligent printers and designers work hard to keep their skills sharp and relevant in a print landscape that changes as rapidly as the rest of the world.
Because of these rapid changes, we know our clients need to keep themselves current and ahead of the curve and the Jennings Print team is ready to come to the rescue!
We offer a huge range of products and services, and use technology that allows us to provide incredibly competitive turn-around times on digital and offset services in particular. Our main services include: